Established by Masahito Tachikawa, a pioneer of M&A in Japan, Yamaichi Securities is a privately owned investment bank based in Tokyo with roots from the former Yamaichi Securities
– private and publicly listed Japanese corporations
– domestic and overseas financial sponsors based in Japan
■Services: registered with the FSA for Type II financial business.
– focus on cross-border advisory services for Japan outbound
and inbound M&A
– buy-side and sell -side engagements
– capital raising for corporations and financial sponsors
– advisory for domestic M&A
■Industry practices: seven core sector strengths
– financial services – industrial
– technology, media and telecom – healthcare
– food & beverage – energy/natural — consumer resources
■Background: the key members of the team were pioneers in developing M&A Advisory as a business model in Japan (established Japan’s first M&A advisory firm RECOF in 1987)
■Yamaichi Securities: the team is built from the merchant banking tradition of the former Yamaichi Securities, one of the leading four securities houses in Japan
■Yamaichi Securities: founded as IBS Securities in 2004 and was renamed Yamaichi Securities in 2014.
■Track record: with a focus on cross border and an advisory tradition in financial services and TMT M&A in Japan, Yamaichi has diverse sector experience:
–advised AICA Kogyo on its EUR 150mn acquisition of the Asian adhesives division of Helsinki-based Dynea Oy
–advised Kamei Corporation on the US$ 29mn acquisition of Mitsuwa Marketplace, an Asian foods grocery chain in the USA.
–advised Toridoll Corp. on acquisition of Wok to Walk, Asian fast food restaurant based in Europe and USA